.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Writing Is A Process That I Have Learned - 936 Words

Writing is a process that I have struggled with throughout my entire life. Last semester in ENGL 1101, I slowly began to understand the writing process. However, I still struggled with developing my essays. One aspect of writing effectively, that I feel I lack, is confidence. Last semester, I was slowly becoming more confident, but as the due date for this semester’s first essay approached, that little confidence seemed to disappear. The structure of the course, however, helped in gaining my confidence back. My first official writing was a biography for the portfolio. This allowed me to introduce myself for my professor. In less than a week, the major writing assignments started. As I finished one essay and began the next, I slowly gained confidence as my teacher encouraged my writing ability. One aspect of the writing process that was extremely helpful for building my confidence was the revision stage. Although personal revisions were helpful, the peer revisions were the most helpful for me. After the final essay, I felt much more confident in my ability to write. I believe I have become a much more effective writer, and through the structure of my portfolio, this will become evident. The first aspect of my portfolio was the revisions of two of the major writing assignments. By going back and reviewing and revising my essays, this allowed me to not only fix some of the major mistakes that I made but also learn from them. I choose my second major writing assignment toShow MoreRelatedTaking On The Right Path1358 Words   |  6 Pagesthe necessary details to improve their writing skills and adapt to the changing atmosphere from high school to college. During ENC 1101, I am sure that students will undergo various ways of analyzing their writing process just as I did. I learned plenty about my writing during this journey and now I am making changes to improve my process and to become the best writer to my fullest potential. There are still a variety of other ways in which the writing process of any individual can be examined. AnotherRead MoreSignificant Improvement : Things That I Have Learned From English 10101105 Words   |  5 PagesThings that I have Learned fro m English 1010 Have I improved from when the class started to now? Or have I remained the same or worse have I become a worse writer and reader? These are questions that need to be answered by a self-reflection and evaluation. One must always set goals and analyze their growth or the lack thereof. The analysis of progress helps show how far one has come, and it also helps the rate of improvement accelerate. Throughout this semester, I have improved my writing, readingRead MoreHow I Am My Writing963 Words   |  4 PagesWhen I looked over my ePortfolio, I couldn’t believe how many pieces of writing I have completed over the course of the semester. I don’t think I have ever written that much in one semester before. When the semester began, I didn’t think this class would change a single thing about my writing. I believed my writing would stay how it has always been. I also believe my writing process wouldn’t change one bit. I have realized that I was wrong. In fact, not only do I think my writing process has changedRead MoreReflection About My Writing Process925 Words   |  4 PagesMy writing process have improved thank you to my English 100 level class at Arizona Western College. I feel more confident with my writing style. At the beginning of the class I was very confused with the writing process and the steps to make an essay. I had a difficult time developing an outline and putting together my ideas, so I was not able to write an essay with a good structure. In addition, my grammar was not the best, and some of my sentences were incomplete. During the class period I learnedRead MoreMy First Time Making A Career Goal1516 Words   |  7 Pages2015 Lesson Learned To me, this semester has gone by pretty fast and during this semester, I learned so much in this course in a short period of time. I learned how to study different methods of writing and writing in different purposes. I also learned different things just by having online discussions and most importantly, I learned how to improve my writing skills and how this course changed my perception of English and apply it in the future. I have gained so much knowledge about writing in this classRead MoreHow I Learned From Class Into My Writing876 Words   |  4 Pagessemester I thought Writing 102 was going to be very similar to other writing courses that I have taken. However, as the semester wore on, I came to the realization that this course would be challenging for me. I have always thought that my writing was fine and that I could skate by with mediocre papers. This thought process could not have been further from the truth. To be successful in writing classes such as this one, I needed to follow a writing process. I needed to utilize the information I learnedRead MoreWriting An Argumentative Essay - Writing801 Words   |  4 PagesDuring this course I have learned there is in fact a great deal to writing. Throughout my lifetime I have had to write numerous amounts of essays and papers for various subjects, all requiring different styles and techniques. Before engulfing myself into the writing process I would try and think of whom I am writing to and what I am writing about. I always just assumed I was writing for my audience, that being my teacher. Writing an argumentative research paper is something I had yet to accomplishRead MorePersonal Experience: My Weaknesses and Strenghts as a Writer1470 Words   |  6 Pagesgrow. I have grown so much since I have started the eighth grade in ways that I love, and ways that I have not yet recognized. I have learned and changed greatly throughout mathematics, science, and history, but I have learned the most about writing properly. Throughout the year, I have changed and recognized my strengths and weaknesses as a writer, my strategies and my progression, and what has caused change and the change to come. My strengths, weaknesses, and preferences as a writer have changedRead MoreI Am Proud Of What I Have Accomplished951 Words   |  4 PagesBefore taking UWP1, I felt confident in my ability to write an essay; however I struggled with in-class essays because of the limited amount of time to draft, write, and edit. As a sophomore, I have experience writing academic essays for UC Davis classes. I have come accustomed to in-class essays and short-answer paragraphs in lieu of the typical multiple-choice test. With the time limit on an in-class essay, I always felt rushed, and by the time I reached the conclusion I felt I was only repeatingRead MoreReflection Of The Past Ten Weeks1047 Words   |  5 Pages101 When I started college at Augustana in August and walked into my first day of FYI 101, bright and early on a Monday morning, I did not know what was in store for me to learn in the following ten weeks. Coming into college I could not write in a proper, college way. I did not know how to properly cite sources that I used. This included in text citations and work cited pages. I also would write every essay in a five or six paragraph format instead of writing many shorter paragraphs. I finally did

No comments:

Post a Comment